|Location:||United States of America, Medford, MA|
|Birthday:||Apr 26 1988|
|Type:||project contract, full time employee, freelancer|
|Education:||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
Computer Science, 2005–2009
Did not graduate due to financial difficulties but completed all required coursework. Completed a minor in Mathematics. Pursued many studies in Philosophy.
In computer science, focused on software engineering, design and implementation of programming languages, and theory of computation and complexity.
In mathematics, focused on theories and methods which afford computable solutions to various kinds of formalized problems.
In philosophy, focused on ethics, ontology, and epistemology.
Developed new and existing internal tools for various automated business functions: search engine marketing (SEM) campaign management, SEM optimization, alerts, and data retrieval, aggregation, querying, manipulation, reporting, and auditing. Developed an existing web application that provides an interface to those business functions. Worked directly with the company's clients to identify their needs and assess our tools' fulfillment of those needs. Interviewed candidates for new software engineering positions.
* Continuously identified and applied best practices for clarifying and easing the software's development and usage. Refactored modules and projects to encapsulate generic and invariant structures, reduce coupling, increase stability, and improve readability.
* Applied a simple and consistent means for packaging and deploying the software.
* Developed an HTML documentation generator.
* Developed tools for introspection of Python environments, projects, modules, and objects.
* Documented and automated various development processes: setting up tools and toolchains, setting up development environments, checking out code, exporting code, and generating patches.
* Designed a generic interface for reading and manipulating data sets and developed an in-memory implementation.
* Developed a tool for auditing data reported by different sources.
* Played a key role in transferring the internal tools to two clients that desired independent operation and supporting them thereafter.
* programming languages: Python, Bash, Expect
* database interaction: MySQL client, MySQL-python, SQLAlchemy, SQLAlchemy ORM, custom-built abstraction layers
* version control: Git, git-svn, Subversion
* packaging and deployment: distribute, pip, make, djangopypi
* automated email: IMAP, SMTP
* website scraping: PycURL, regular expressions
* documentation: reStructuredText, Sphinx
Renal Remission & Hypertension Consultants
Designed and implemented a website (http://www.renalremission.com) for a medical practice to display general information and news about its services, to register members of the site, to list patient materials and professional presentations for download to members, and to provide a Web interface to administer the dynamic content of the site. Created the company logo.
Volunteer Web Developer
Phi Sigma Kappa Epsilon Deuteron
December 2006—February 2010
Redesigned a website (http://www.phisigkap.org) for a fraternity using existing content. Designed and developed a web development framework using object-oriented PHP to ease the process of changing and extending the site for future developers. Developed database-driven web applications for recruitment, member management, and fraternity maintenance.
Intern Quality Assurance Technician
May 2007—September 2007
Served as network engineer and administrator for a QA lab network containing 50+ clients, servers, and network acceleration devices. Installed, configured, and administered the physical network, Cisco router, dummynet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SMB, SSH, TFTP, an Apache Web server, two IIS servers, and 30+ Linux and Windows clients. Designed and partially implemented an automation and remote management system for this network in Perl and Expect together with a Web interface in PHP. Wrote scripts in Bash, Expect, and Perl for automated QA testing.