|Submitted: Dec 6 2011|
Updated: Aug 17 2012
Important note: This theme is designed around Gnome 3.4 and the 1.0.2 version of the Unico engine. I do not work with any development releases. This theme will break in Gnome 3.5.
The included INSTALL file have all the installation instructions.
GTK3 ENGINE REQUIRED
This theme requires the Unico GTK3 engine version 1.0.2 or later. (Only if you are using Gnome 3 or GTK3 applications.)
(Available as gtk-engine-unico in ArchLinux community repo.)
GTK2 ENGINES REQUIREMENT
If you don't install these engines - GTK2 applications will not be styled. So it's NOT a bug if for example GIMP or Firefox looks like Windows 98. It is just you who have not installed the gtk2 engines. :)
- GTK2 engine Murrine 0.98.1.1 or later
- GTK2 pixbuf engine or the gtk(2)-engines package
yum install gtk-murrine-engine gtk2-engines
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-murrine gtk2-engines-pixbuf
pacman -S gtk-engine-murrine gtk-engines
Search for the engines in your distribution's repository or install the engines from source.
Font: Liberation Sans Narrow Condensed (Not the default font in this theme.)
The left bar is avant-window-navigator. The theme is included.
- In some flavors of Gnome 2.32 the right-click menu on some panel applets have a white text and uses the pixmap hover effect. There is no known fix for this.
- Dialog windows in Gnome 3 fallback mode have weird borders. My current recommendation is that you detach them with gconf-editor. Open gconf-editor and untick this key: /desktop/gnome/shell/windows/attach_modal_dialogs.
- Legacy metacity theme is not borderless. (It does not look good.) Use gnome-shell to get anti-aliased rounded corners. ;-)
- The IDE software Eclipse/Aptana may have some strange color bugs. If you know of any fixes, please let me know.
- Xfce panel applets have some strange bugs. Possible cause is because you need to use a background image for your panel. This theme is not designed to be used with a trillion inconsistent panel applets.
- GTK3: Gnome classic indicator applet fix.
- GTK3: Added support for slickpanel.
- GTK3/GTK2: Minor fix.
- Several changes. See the full changelog here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lassekongo83/zukitwo/stable/revision/41
- Shell theme: Removed border radius from the menus + some other minor changes.
- GTK3: Selected backdrop color is now gray.
- Shell theme: Fixed colors.
- Shell theme: New layout on a lot of stuff. (Switches, pop-up menus, summary-source-button and more.)
- Shell theme: Added style for extra view-tabs created by extensions.
- Shell theme: Font-sizes are now set globally in the top of the css style for easier access.
- GTK3: Minor fix.
- Mutter: Titlebar text is now horizontally aligned.
- GTK3: Nautilus cluebar changes.
- Shell: Minor menu change. (To get rid of xsession-error warnings.)
- GTK3: Insensitive toolbar button text color and bumpy behavior fixed.
- GTK3: Improved GtkScale.
- GTK3: Minor Unity panel fix.
- GTK3: Some minor fixes.
- Nautilus: Inactive pane colors added.
- Gnome-terminal: Notebook border removed.
- GTK3: Improved progressbars.
- Unity/GTK3: Fixed GtkCalendar today highlight.
- GTK3: Some other minor changes.
- GTK2: Font in statusbars will now be the same size as your other fonts.
- GTK3: Spinbuttons are now styled.
- Shell theme: 1 bugfix and some improvements to pressed panel buttons.
- GTK3: Some adjustments and minor bug fixes.
- Shell theme: Loads of changes and fixes. New buttons, switches, colors etc.
- GTK3: A bunch of bug fixes and some other minor changes.
- Added support for Gnome 3.4. Do not upgrade if you still use Gnome 3.2.
- Shell theme: Ok. No more trollface corner ripple lol. :P
- Shell theme: Heart activities button replaced with the Gnome foot.
- GTK3: Fixed the settings.ini file.
- First release.