|Submitted: Nov 24 2006|
Updated: Feb 28 2010
Skins made for the
XMMS VU-meter plugin Version >= 0.9.2 (http://vumeterplugin.sourceforge.net/themes.php), which is dockable to the XMMS-Player and supports the LED-Clipping.
Audacious Analog VU meter plugin 0.8 from (http://www.netswarm.net/)
* Debian-Package "audacious-vumeter-0.8-1_i386.deb
* RPM-Packages Vumeterplugin XMMS SuSE
* James Ogley (http://usr-local-bin.org) has build the Packages for all SuSE-Distributions.
* You can download it from following adress: (http://repos.opensuse.org/home:/Riggwelter/)
* Also have a visit to (http://oxfam.org.uk/in). -Thanks too-
* Package Vumeterplugin for Slackware 11.0
* SuSE-Distribution !!!
* To get the XMMS-Player working properly, install the packages "xmms" and "xmms-lib"
* from PACKMAN (http://packman.links2linux.de/package/xmms).
The Player-Skins can be downloaded from:
Almond Dark-Blue http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=41102
Ater Green http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=43630
bunjee blue&orange http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/bunjee?content=71828
Expensive HiFi http://www1.1001skins.com/skin_details.html?skin_id=2728
iFraizer Edition http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=66663
Kore Player http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=56254
My First Sony http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/142821/reviews
Zen by ~k-raki http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50847146/
To install a Player-Skin put the downloaded "*******.wsz" - File in the directory:
/home/~/.xmms/Skins ---- XMMS can read "*.wsz" - Files.
If You have downloaded a Tar-archive extract it to the same directory
( Actual version of the XMMS-Player is 1.2.10, needs only 2% CPU-Time )
Installation of the VU-meterplugin:
If there is no RPM-Package for Your Distribution available
You have to install from sources, don`t be afraid, it's easy !
1. Download and untar the Source-File from "Sourceforge" (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=56771&package_id=52133)
2. Check whether You have installed the GCC Compiler on Your system and update
the XMMS-Player if necessary. Install the "XMMS-Devel Package" !!!
3. Open a console and become root, go into the untared directory of the vumeterplugin.
4. Run following 3 commands one after the other:
./configure or configure
When You get an error-message, look at "google" to solve the problem !!!
5. The plugin is now installed. Next You have to make a new directory called VU_Meter_skins in Your local XMMS-directory (/home/~/.xmms/). Move
the "default" and the other Skins from the untared Plugin to the new directory.
Start XMMS and activate the VUmeter-plugin. Ready!
When it doesn't starts, then first have a look on the rights of the new files.
A detailed installation guidance for the plugin and the Skins You can
find under: (http://www.vivaolinux.com.br/dicas/verDica.php?codigo=7789)
You can configure the plugin by clicking the button leftside top. I prefer
the settings You can see in the 2 windows of the screenshot.
There is also a config-file in each Skin-directory, there You can set
items as for example the color of the needles and more, more, more...
2010/02/28 More Skins for Audacious added
2010/02/21 Vortigo Skins for VUplugin 1.0.0 added
Links: Installationguides for
XMMS and AUDACIOUS added