KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

A software to create GTK theme

by brainvision on: Oct 20 2009

Score 50%

We all know: to create a gtk theme, today, there's no other way that write a big amount of code with a text editor..
I've searched all around the web.. I've talked with some theme (and engine) creator.. and the situation seems to be this: there's no a software that help writing the code or at least automatize some passage; and the same themers they seems to prefer the manual editing of the gtkrc file, because they imagine that a software would be limited, at least..
All I've been able to find that seems to go on the direction I thought is a 2007 project by Thomas Wood (aka thos), a guy from gnomeart.com or a gnome coder.. A project (suggested to me by cimi86 surely abandoned..
The links are:

What I'm asking here is there's a coder interested on creating a software like this.. and in general, what the community thinks about such a project..

OK, that's all, for now.. I hope to have been sufficiently clear with my english.. :)

Re: A software to create GTK theme

by ardchoille45 on: Oct 22 2009

Score 50%

I've made this same suggestion to numerous people, including developers, and it seems no one wants theme creation to be easier. Isn't gnome supposed to be simple and easy?

Can you imagine how much easier it would be to have a GUI app that you can load up all of your images, click a few checkboxes, define some numbers and have the app write the gtkrc file for you? I'm constantly struggling with creating new themes because I don't understand half of the content of the gtkrc file and haven't found anyone yet that knows enough about it to explain what some of the content does and means.

This is one of the reasons there aren't more and better looking themes for gnome. If theme creation were better understood then there would be much better themes in existence. I've read the docs at http://art.gnome/org but there are horribly lacking.

Re: Re: A software to create GTK theme

by monthscrapped on: Dec 5 2010

Score 50%

I know! I simply want to write a border theme that has a big snowflake at the top left. But I don't know how to code it, and being able to run a GUI app with all of my options available to me would be so much easier and less time-consuming.

I mean, c'mon, even web code has it's editors. Why not Gnome? It's BEGGING for one!

BugMeNot account

GtkFileChooser

by Apoclypse on: Nov 20 2009

Score 50%

Hi, I'm trying to make an icon pack and I can't find out what icons are used by GtkFileChooser. I have tried all harddisk icon names from standard GNOME theme, but harddisk icon in GtkFileChooser is still default. Can someone tell me what names are used for it?

Re: GtkFileChooser

by Apoclypse on: Nov 20 2009

Score 50%

Oh, such a silly thing: I deleted "inerhits=hicolor" from index.theme and everything is ok now. Thanks!

Help:howto makeGUI pygtk&glade

1 Friends
0 Groups

More info
Send a message
Add as friend
Other contents

Hey guys, I am interested in knowing if any of you could get me into glade interface and the corresponding code to my script to-desk or some program to select a video and run it.

I am very new in python and I would love to see my python script to learn and thus begin to see something familiar.

Thank you.

Re: Help:howto makeGUI pygtk&glade

by RabidWeezle on: Mar 21 2011

Score 50%

I used this to learn how to do it last year. I hope it helps you.

Uploading wallpapers through A

by jamwaffles on: Apr 14 2010

Score 50%

Hi all. I run a small wallpapers gallery with my works in it, and would like to know if there is a way to upload wallpapers to gnome-look.org and friends using something like PHP?

Thanks,

James

HI People long time no see

by Rukasuzu on: Sep 2 2010

Score 50%

HI People long time no see, I have been busy learning astronomy and quiet other things. I would like to know how I can make Ubuntu plymouth themes?

Re: HI People long time no see

by Padster on: Sep 28 2010

Score 50%

idk, but google might help, and it would certainly help to look at the default theme.

one-oh-one-oh-one-oh

Buddy screenlet

by Z4rgzor on: Oct 24 2011

Score 50%

On Windoze there are all kinds of little animated characters that can be set on the desktop so they can wander around and entertain you. On Linux it seems there is exactly one such program - xpengiuns. And xpenguins is more annoying than anything.
So I was wondering if someone could make a screenlet that behaves as a desktop buddy. Actually moving around would be nice (as opposed to a fishbowl app), and it would also be cool if themes for the screenlet could be made by copying images from Shimeji desktop buddies (apparently the Shimeji program itself is rarely modified from the original).
Not really a big deal, of course. It was just bothering me.

Re: Buddy screenlet

by Padster on: Mar 7 2012

Score 50%

I know I tried AMOR a long time ago, don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, or it's still around anymore, but you could give it a shot.

101010