KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

problem of my gdm theme

by Whitewolf1702 on: Sep 2 2008

Score 50%

my theme that is not read in the list of gdm theme although it is updated today on someone could help me
(and if you know the answer to French will be well
because I am not very strong in English)

Very Sorry

by Whitewolf1702 on: Sep 2 2008

Score 50%

regrettable, it was a problem of my Internet browser
the issue is returned to the list

SORRY SOOO OFF TOPIC :(

by Joshisme123 on: Sep 5 2008

Score 50%

I would just like a little help with a problem of mine please.

Im building my own version of Ubuntu and im calling it Luk-OS :)

And im wondering how to at the start at the login screen how do i make the user have the option of either my theme a vista theme or a XP theme

Im Really stuck here :(

If you try and fail dont give up just keep trying

Error: installing GDM Themes

by jhigh800 on: Oct 16 2008

Score 50%

I have attempted to install several themes by way of the theme installer in the ubuntu Appearance section in System > Preferences area. Each time, i get a message stating an error occured while installing and installtion couldn't go through. btw, i have ubuntu 8.04.1.

Is there anyway to correct this?

btw, i have ubuntu 8.04.1.

Re: Error: installing GDM Themes

by krig on: Jan 23 2009

Score 50%

Wrong application :::
just type in terminal:

gksu /usr/sbin/gdmsetup

and go to Tab "Local"
and press button "Add"
or simply drag the GDM theme into the window :)

Hope can help :)
Cheers.

Mouse Theme

by natbet on: Oct 16 2008

Score 50%

What program do you use to edit/create a new mouse theme? I have been searching for awhile but I haven't really found anything too definite.

elementary project volunteers

14 Friends
2 Groups

More info
Send a message
Add as friend
Other contents

I have a lot of projects that I'd love to start on or get more involved with, but I need some manpower. Here be these projects:

elementary Website:
Right now, Troy and I are trying to manage and design the website on top of a billion other things. It'd be great to get at least one other person who knows CSS and would like to maintain the website (both with code and content).

elementary brainstorm
I'd love to set up something very similar to Ubuntu's brainstorm website. The main differences would be that we would actual take advantage of it

App Center
I really want to build the most amazing kind of web application out there. I want to build something simple and beautiful like iPhone's app store, but community driven like Linux Mint's software portal. For this, I need someone who knows how to do some complex scripting maybe involving AJAX or similar technologies. These things, I can't even begin to know how to do. But, if I could get an experienced web developer who could fall in love with this project, I think we could make quite the name for ourselves.

I want anyone to be able to build and submit an application that would run on elementary OS. This means that App Center would not only accept Debian binary files, but help a developer build a debian binary from source. Once a Debian binary is created, App Center will help a developer to submit his application to the elementary repositories. From App Center users can rate this application, submit reviews, use apt-url to install this app or download the .deb file to install later.

Dash
Dash is the end all be all package management application. It would support the installation of Debian binaries, make use of the generic install method to compile obscure apps, and be a front-end for aptitude. It would also interface with App Center in order to display software reviews, screenshots, ratings, etc. Dash could additionally be used in conjunction with App Center to help a user build a Debian binary from source.

elementary repos
Until App Center becomes advanced enough to automatically administer the repositories, It'd be great to have a fellow who could do this. I'm doing in my spare time, right now. But it'd be great to have someone dedicated to finding great software, testing it, and distributing it into the repos.

Debian binary packager guy
I need a guy who can make debian packages for our various themes and little projects until we get Dash or App Center or both running. Once the repos go public, I'd like to be able to distribute updates for everything (including themes) directly through aptitude.

elementary OS hacker
I'm no expert on squashfs or chrooting. I need a guy that can hack away at a LiveCD image and build the most amazing OS ever. Being able to use is just a small fraction of what we want to do here. We need to fully tweak the desktop environment including editing startup scripts, configuration files including gconf, changing default look and feel, etc.

Glance
I'd like to build a quick-look clone for Linux. This would be a very small application that runs in the background (we want an instantaneous launch) and when called simply displays whatever the user has selected, whether it's an image or a pdf, a text file or a spreadsheet. It's important to note that this is a read only application. All it has to do is load faster than eye-of-gnome.

Everest
This is probably the most complex and far fetched idea I have, but here goes. I'd like to be able to run OS X applications natively on the GNOME desktop. Not only would Everest provide a compatibility layer for running DMG files (mountable.. mountain...Everest...get it?) much like WINE does for EXE files, but it would go one step further by translating aqua elements into actual GTK elements so that the application would be truly native to your desktop's look and feel. This would be the biggest killer app for desktop Linux ever. Applications like iTunes and iLife as well as Apple's other amazing media-oriented software (optionally in tandem with WINE) would put us in a secured position above Microsoft Windows in the race for consumer acceptance.

eGTK:
I could use a GTK hacker with some good ideas and a lot of free time. We have Erno working hard on LUX, but we need dedicated individual to take over our default look and maintain that.

elementary icons
I've had a pretty good run with elementary icons, but it's coming down to less artwork and more polish. I need someone with an eye for extreme detail. Some one who can condense elementary's size while increasing it's overall content. I need an individual with a mind for standards compliance.

GNOME icons SDK
I'm currently working on an SDK for icon developers. I could use some help with a shell script or two. Also, if anyone wants to contribute something that makes it easier for them as a developer, I'd love to add it to the SDK.

Boot Splash:
We've got a really pretty concept for a Bootsplash and the images are all laid out, but we need somebody to code it.

Gnome Sessions:
We think session management could be a little easier. Things like adding a start-up program by finding it the same way you find it in the applications menu or setting certain applications to be persistent so that if you accidentally close them, they restart themselves.

Places Applet:
Currently, we are planning to use Cairo-Dock as part of elementary OS's default interface. The only big problem is that we're missing an applet that puts a user's bookmarks, network, and local places directly on the dock. We could use somebody to hack the existing shortcuts applet to work in this way.

If interested please email me at Daniel.P.Fore@gmail.com and/or leave a message here.

goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8