KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13

icon themes creator

by hlp on: Sep 1 2008

Score 50%

Hi!

I want to ask in which software can I create a completely new icons for my ubuntu gnome? Can me help somebody?

HLP

Re: icon themes creator

by krig on: Nov 25 2008

Score 50%

Must use Inkscape;) I think is the best solution so far... create a .svg document and after export as .png or .xpm :)

Fielding resolution complaints

by Brightbelt on: Sep 4 2008

Score 50%

Hi,
Very occasionally, I get a complaint from someone about my wallpaper entry that the resolution is too low.

The truth is, when you enter content, lower resolutions are there as categories for those who don't have flat screens or wide screens. So I often put in an entry for, say, 1024 x 768 on purpose to be "backwards compatible" so to speak; so it's 1024 x 768 at 72 dpi.

Are folks here actually complaining that it's not in their "size", and expecting me to know what their screen size is?

Or am I missing something? For instance, do folks prefer their size at 180 dpi rather than, say, 96 dpi or something like that?

I also put in thumbnails to use as preview screenshots, rather than the large original size. So I wonder if some occasionally think mistakenly that that's the final download size.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something I should be doing diffferently.

Thanks, Frank B.

gdmthemetester inaccurate?

by thaitang on: Sep 27 2008

Score 50%

hi gang,

i have been using some of my own jpegs lately to substitute in a login theme i am generally happy with the overall look of.

so i wanted to take things one step further and adjust the co-ordinates of the login/username/password box to better suit the jpegs i am using.

gdmthemetester seems like a kew application for helping to fine tune the overall layout of the login look i am trying to achieve. however the actual results i get at a login screen (after actually logging out/restart/etc.) are never how things look using gdmthemetester.

i have tried using absolute as well as "%" co-ordinates without much different un-satisfactory end-results.

my actual screen resolution is 1680x1050 and i scale my jpegs to 1680x1154 which maintains photo aspects without any distorion (by changing maintaining ratios). i figured i could live with a little bit of the jpegs being cropped when a 1680x1154 is displayed in a 1680x1050 environment. but then i got to thinking this might be the problem with what i am seeing in gdmthemetester and actual results. so i scaled one of my jpegs to exactly 1680x1050 (distorted) and played with absolute and "%" co-ordinate postioning once again. however what is displayed in gdmthemetester and actual results are still different enough to annoy me.

i am finally able to get the reults i want by actually logging out everytime i would like to test how any changes/tweaking i have done actually look.

is there anything else i could be doing wrong or is gdmthemetester just that inaccurate? i don't want to have to settle with placing the login/username/password box smack dab in the middle of my login theme screens and i can't see myslef logging out to check changes/tweaking everytime i would like to edit a new login theme. i am really looking for the flexibility to place that box wherever i want it to be on the login screen with minimal fuss.

so i am looking forward to hearing from anyone with constructive advice or ideas about what i might be doing wrong or what else i might be able to try.

Re: gdmthemetester inaccurate?

by keithhedger on: Sep 29 2008

Score 50%

I just downloaded this:
and it works prettyr good for me

Request: New wooden themes?

by eitreach on: Oct 4 2008

Score 50%

I've searched gnome-look from front to back and the other way around several times in search of just one nice wooden theme. Handcrafted fails because it uses silly blurred buttons, muku fails because it's.. just not very nice looking, with the grey everywhere, and so on..

Some time ago (while searching..) I found this icon theme for the iPhone - which pretty much looks how I want a theme to look.

I'd really like to see such a theme for Gnome.. Both icons and gtk.

This decoration seems nice as well:

If anyone would try this.. I'd be evermost grateful.

Request: C64 Usplash Theme

by Deepeis on: Nov 12 2008

Score 50%

Hello out there,

does anybody have the TAR - File of the C64 Usplash Theme (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/c64+usplash+theme?content=85881)?

The author does not answer to my question.

Thanx!

Deepeis

Question about editing a gtk theme

by thenktor on: Nov 13 2008

Score 50%

How can I set the colour of the red marked area?
How can I set the colour of the green marked boders?
And how can I create a border around menus?

screenshot:

I guess it's some setting in the gtkrc file, but I don't know which one.

Re: Question about editing a gtk theme

by krig on: Nov 25 2008

Score 50%

I can take a look... what is the gtk2 theme?

Re: Re: Question about editing a gtk theme

by thenktor on: Nov 27 2008

Score 50%

Hi
Thanks for your assistance. Here is my modified themes so far:

I could already change the color of the red marked area to a light grey. This works in Thunar and others but not in the Pidgin chat window :-/
I could create a border around menus.

So I need to solve the Pidgin chat window problem and the green borders.

Re: Re: Re: Question about editing a gtk theme

by krig on: Nov 27 2008

Score 50%

hi there ;) I think you should edit the frame shadows (from Shadows folder) like "shadow_etched_in, shadow_etched_out, shadow_in, shadow_out...) I mean to draw borders, because pixmaps are flat; I suggest that every pixmap have his own color, like for shadow_etched_in set border pixmap to green and so on... this for individuate better where gtk+ apply these pixmaps... after will be more easier to made changes ;) good luck! hope this helps you ;) cris.

goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13