KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ...

Download.php

by lucadod3 on: May 26 2007

Score 50%

here's another stupid one. Always when i try to save an image from this site it saves it as "download.php" instead of "image name.png". I'm using Firefox.
Thanks for any help.

Re: Download.php

by fatalfury on: May 30 2007

Try File > Save Page As.

thanks

by lucadod3 on: May 31 2007

Score 50%

it works! well, can I say that's strange? svae picture as gives a .php, save page as gaves a .png... O_o
anyway, thank you very much! with firefox I just need to use ctrl+s

Uploading Help

by Smitchell on: Jun 10 2007

Score 50%

I have made many coll themes that I wish to upload, but I am only a kid and I don't know how.

You can't fix stupid.

help sqaure look

by rossko on: Jun 14 2007

topic:murrine sky or something :D

i never really care about this stuff, but i like this look, why when i install this and set it in controls does it look all square and such, it looks nothing like what your screenshot shows, all the buttons are square etc.

is there something i have to install to see this, if you need a screeny of it email me @ tml(dot)0000(at)gmail(dot)com

thanx

I'm missin something

by Brightbelt on: Jun 17 2007

Hi,
I have an ATI X-1650 card and it won't support Beryl; I'm on Gnome of course. So that also means I can't install Emerald themes either. Is that right?

I do have Compiz installed, yet I can't install most of the cool metacity themes. My computer says invalid format.

Am I stuck in the water here? Also, I have no idea how to get docks or install them.

Am I missing something?

I appreciate any pointers, Thanks,
Frank B

Re: I'm missin somet

by lopagof on: Jun 21 2007

Score 50%

look for install avant window navigator ubuntu on google

that solves your dock problem

If you think my name is odd then stop and think, compare it to the world around you. Oddities are what make the world an interesting and spectacular place.

Re: I'm missin somet

by Goamaus on: Jun 25 2007

Score 50%

Which distro are you running?

Depending on your distro I'd highly recommend compiz-fusion.

For Ubuntu there's a howto:

For me this runs much smoother than beryl/emerald and the previous compiz versions...
You can control the settings in the CompizConfig Settings Manager. Compiz needs gtk-window-decorator btw.
This should already be setup in the settings after the installation.

If you should try to setup emerald: emerald won't run without beryl, that's true.

And to your ATI problem: have you installed the fglrx driver or is your device supported by the opensourced radeon driver? What do you use: XGL or AIGLX? If not necessary, I won't recommend to use fglrx driver, even if it performs better. I've got the M10/M11 (Mobility 9700 here) and I've had nothing but trouble with the proprietary driver (though it works, but it's quite unstable), so I've decided to use the open driver...

Ok for now. Let me know, how it works...

Cheers,
Goamaus

UStudio effects

by dysonsphere on: Jun 22 2007

Score 50%

Hi, I posted this question in Ubuntu Forum but got no solutions. Perhaps there is an answer out there?

I had Beryl running great with Ubuntu and Kubuntu. Then switched to Ubuntu Studio. I had to install special nvidia packages for the short latency kernel for my Nvidia GeForce 6800 to work. I am on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop. Now an Nvidia screen appears before the login. Anyway all seems well except that:

when I enable desktop effects the windows freeze. Meaning they can not be resized, closed or moved with the curser. I can minimize by using the panel and can work within the window, though.

I uninstalled Beryl and the same thing happens when I initiate desktop effects.

thanks in advance.

Re: UStudio effects

by johnnytherizun on: Jun 29 2007

Score 50%

With me this is usually caused by the poor configuration of xorg.conf by the nVidia drivers. try opening a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal), typing:

gksudo <your text editor> /etc/X11/xorg.conf

where <your text editor> is the command for the text editor you use, and making sure the following lines appear in the Section "Device":

Option "AddARGBVisuals" "True"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"

and the Driver value is set to "nvidia"

Also make sure you have the following section at the end (yes there are no quotes on the number):

Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection

Hope this helps :)

Re: Re: UStudio effe

by dysonsphere on: Jul 5 2007

Score 50%

Thanks, I tried that and get:

(gedit:10216): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

I opened the xorg.conf file using the GUI and those lines you mentioned were in fact missing, but I can't save it.

Re: Re: Re: UStudio

by dysonsphere on: Aug 2 2007

Thanks the basic effect work now. I removed Beryl and now am trying with Fusion

Re: Re: Re: Re: UStudio

by dysonsphere on: Sep 11 2007

Score 50%

In case anyone else is having this problem with Ubuntu Studio and Beryl/Compiz, I have found a solution, and it works just fine while running multi-media applications. And effects can be shut off if there are problems with cpu usage during sytem heavy tasks.

I have abandoned Beryl for Compiz-Fusion.

First off get Envy (http://www.albertomilone.com) to set up with the latest drivers for the graphics card.

Compile and install Compiz-Fusion using this tutotial (http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=1985#post16628).

As I said before if you find multi-media programs runnning sluggishly with effects on the can be turned off during these tasks from the Fision-Icon in the system tray.

I hope this works for you as it has for me.

goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ...

Add commentAdd commentBack