KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev  ... 18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33 ...

Licenses

by paraboy on: Nov 10 2008

Score 50%

<rant>Am I the only one who thinks that people who use other people's work (esp. as regards to pixmaps) should respect the original license or have their artwork removed?

CruelAngel's InvertedRoom is only the latest example of I used other people's work but it's "Do what ever you want with it - license." I don't meant to pick on the specific individual. He is but one of legion. (I suspect that I, too, have been guilty of such errors.)

My question is why do the moderators of this website not have a more aggressive policy? I know that "GNOME-Look.org has no liability for any content or goods on this site," but it would AT LEAST filter out the semi-nude wallpapers that are ripped from deviantart and stamped with an ubuntu logo, not to mention the myriad almost identical Vista-ish emerald themes.</rant>

Good to get that off my chest. Comments, flames, etc, welcome.

PS. I just saw the previous post because GNOME-Look timeout on me. I have left my post as it stands although I am clearly not alone in my sentiments.

Icon set Freerunner

by spillo on: Nov 11 2008

Score 50%

I can to post a project of icon set for OS of Neo Freerunner? This set is interfaced with my icon set for GNOME

Thanks

Excuse me for my English, I'm Italian :)

New buttons "update", etc.

by Celtic on: Nov 13 2008

Score 50%

Hello.
I like new design, but I think that such buttons as "Update" or "Fresh" must be more visible. It'll be great if it will be red color.

Re: New buttons "update", etc.

by koselara on: Nov 26 2008

Score 50%

I agree! I'd also like to see the line between comments & signatures a lot easier for us to see at a glance. Right now it seems like the two are one unless I really pay attention, which can be confusing.

For the image, if you use Firefox or a browser with similar abilities, another option would be to use Greasemonkey or Stylish to replace the graphic with something you like better. There are already tons of scripts/styles for that kind of thing, so adapting one shouldn't be hard even if you don't know javascript/CSS. I might be able to do that with the sig mark, but I'm also concerned others are seeing my sig/comment as one.

I like Linux & being autistic: they're challenging as society isn't designed for them, but worth it. :)

Add a new category

by MastroPino on: Nov 19 2008

Score 50%
MastroPinoMastroPino
Improve Eyecandy
Home

Hi I see that I am not the only that release cairo-dock theme. Can we make a new category pls, after that I see a category for GnoMenu Themes I begin crazy that a so younger app have is own and cairo-dock no, pls fix this!

I am a citizen of the world, there are not boundary for me =]

Seeking a better fractal icon

by catenary on: Nov 30 2008

Score 50%

Hi,

I'm the author of the fractal program Gnofract 4D (http://gnofract4d.sf.net/). It's fairly popular (over 40,000 downloads) and does quite a lot of neat things. But it has a lousy icon, which you can see here: http://gnofract4d.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/gnofract4d/gnofract4d/pixmaps/gnofract4d-logo.png?revision=1.3

Since there are so many talented artists out here, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to come up with a better one?

No money, I'm afraid, but you get everlasting glory on the credits page :-)

How to get GDM screenshot?

by ClearenGlish on: Dec 2 2008

Score 50%

I have mashed up some code and images to make a GDM theme to match my desktop.
How can I take a screenshot of it in order to post it here?

Re: How to get GDM screenshot?

by ClearenGlish on: Dec 3 2008

Score 50%

OK, I found out how.

Re: How to get GDM screenshot?

by veyne on: Dec 19 2008

Score 50%

You can also use a nice program called Xnest which allows you to login to your machine in a new window. It is in the standard repo for all you Ubuntu users.

Re: Re: How to get GDM screenshot?

by terminhell on: Feb 3 2009

3 Friends
2 Groups

More info
Send a message
Add as friend
Other contents

ya, i use gdmthemetester which seems to be installed by default, but not xnest? either way, using gdmthemetester is pretty easy. 'gdmthemetester flexi name-of-gdm' the flexi option is a general option to use and will suite most of your needs for average gdm's.

Crush the weak!